Home Forum Topics Gynecologic Health UTI Prevention Supplements??

Tagged: 

• This Post has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 months ago by .
  • Creator
    MaryKate SelgrathMK

I’ve always heard of these supplements being advertised and was pretty skeptical, however, recently I’ve been getting UTIs more frequently and am willing to try this to see if it works. Does anyone have a reputable brand or product that they can speak to??

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Author
      Replies
      • #4518 Reply
        benjamin levisbenjamin levis
        Participant

While several supplements are frequently advertised for avoiding urinary tract infections (UTIs), it’s crucial to remember that the efficacy of these supplements varies and there is only minimal scientific evidence to support their use. A healthcare practitioner should always be consulted for specific advice and direction on UTI prevention and treatment. Having said that, the following dietary supplements have been recommended for preventing UTIs:

Supplements containing cranberries: Cranberry supplements, which are frequently sold as tablets or capsules, are frequently linked to the prevention of UTIs. Proanthocyanidins, which are found in cranberries, may help prevent bacterial adhesion to the wall of the urinary system. However, there is conflicting evidence supporting their efficacy, and additional study is required to draw definitive conclusions.

• #3499 Reply
          Nelly smithNelly smith
          Participant

Hi, I had UTIs almost every week, not an exaggeration. The doctors couldn’t really do anything for me. I was desperate so I started taking a daily probiotic and cranberry supplement. It has really helped with my UTIs! I haven’t had one in about a month and if I do start to feel one coming on I usually take another dose of the cranberry to flush it out. I still have reoccurring yeast infections every month about a week before my period, which I was hoping the probiotic would help with but it hasn’t done much. I am still searching for a solution on that one. But I can say I believe it is helping my UTIs!!

I take CranCap Cranberry Supplement for Urinary Tract Health | 36mg PAC | Made from Whole Cranberries | Gluten Free, Vegan Friendly, Non-GMO, Made in The USA (30 Capsules)

and

RepHresh Pro-B Probiotic Supplement for Women, 30 Oral Capsules

Viewing 1 reply thread
        Reply To: Reply #3499 in UTI Prevention Supplements??
        Your information:

Cancel