Home Forum Topics Wellness + Nutrition Supplements?

• Creator
    Sarah CooksonSarah

Should I be taking vitamins or supplements? I’m 27 and haven’t taken anything besides flintstones vitamins two decades ago. I just feel like there are so many out there and I don’t know what actually works. Can anyone share their experience?

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
      • #4593 Reply
        Mary StevensMary Stevens
        Participant

For a 27-year-old who hasn’t taken vitamins and supplements in years, it’s normal to feel overwhelmed by the sheer number of options available. It is important to consult with a health care professional to determine your needs. Other people’s personal experiences can be helpful, but everyone’s reaction to supplements is different, so professional counseling is essential to making an informed decision. So is choosing a reliable manufacturer. I use Raw Science products

• #3992 Reply
          ethan brodyethan brody
          Participant

You should utilize any supplement under the guidance of your nutritionist, in my opinion. If you are looking for alternative recommendations, then I suggest that you give Ritual Essential a shot. This is a multivitamin supplement.

• #1454 Reply
            Kara DudleyKara

Yes! Highly recommend taking a blood test to see where your levels are at before you begin supplementing. I also think it’s worth doing for sure. Also I would be weary of taking supplements without the blood test – I took Vitamin D every day until I got a test and realized I had a toxicity in Vitamin D. This isn’t typically dangerous with Vit D but definitely can be with other vitamins.

Also, vitamins bought at CVS are not going to do much for you. The quality of the vitamins themselves are really important – if you don’t get the right stuff you might as well get nothing at all.

Brands I order online from –

https://www.nordicnaturals.com/consumers/

https://www.biotechpharmacal.com

Happy to answer any other questions regarding supplements – have done a tonnnn of research on them this year!

• #787 Reply
              kgg10

I’m 28, and I have never really been a huge vitamin person, but I recently experienced a really bad vitamin b12 deficiency. I started taking b12 and b6 for this reason, but my PCP also recommended taking any daily vitamin with iron.

I highly recommend using labfinder if you want to see where your levels stand before starting any vitamins/supplements. You can choose vitamins/minerals panel and schedule a lab visit – it’s super easy and helpful.

Viewing 3 reply threads
            Reply To: Reply #1454 in Supplements?
            Your information:

Cancel