Home Forum Topics Physical Health Weight Gain

• Creator
    Laurie Beth KollerLaurie Beth Koller
    Participant

Recently gained a few amount of weight within a very, very short amount of time – I am not sure how and currently am going through the process of getting my blood taken/tested for all of the above.

But, I’m struggling with getting back into the fitness world because well…my body is 50 pounds heavier and I am exhausted. At all times. I feel lazy but in reality, I have extra to move?

Any help?

Viewing 7 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
      • #5271 Reply
        Raosaheb AmbekarRaosaheb Ambekar
        Participant

<div class=”flex-1 overflow-hidden”>
          <div class=”react-scroll-to-bottom–css-ighkb-79elbk h-full”>
          <div class=”react-scroll-to-bottom–css-ighkb-1n7m0yu”>
          <div>
          <div class=”flex flex-col text-sm pb-9″>
          <div class=”w-full text-token-text-primary” dir=”auto” data-testid=”conversation-turn-23″>
          <div class=”px-4 py-2 justify-center text-base md:gap-6 m-auto”>
          <div class=”flex flex-1 text-base mx-auto gap-3 juice:gap-4 juice:md:gap-6 md:px-5 lg:px-1 xl:px-5 md:max-w-3xl lg:max-w-[40rem] xl:max-w-[48rem] group final-completion”>
          <div class=”relative flex w-full flex-col agent-turn”>
          <div class=”flex-col gap-1 md:gap-3″>
          <div class=”flex flex-grow flex-col max-w-full”>
          <div class=”min-h-[20px] text-message flex flex-col items-start gap-3 whitespace-pre-wrap break-words [.text-message+&]:mt-5 overflow-x-auto” dir=”auto” data-message-author-role=”assistant” data-message-id=”617c0dc0-67d3-4828-a1d5-2720c96a057e”>
          <div class=”markdown prose w-full break-words dark:prose-invert light”>

To stop weight gain, focus on a balanced diet, portion control, regular exercise, staying hydrated, mindful eating, limiting processed foods, managing stress, getting adequate sleep, and seeking support when needed.

</div>
          </div>
          </div>
          <div class=”mt-1 flex gap-3 empty:hidden”>
          <div class=”text-gray-400 flex self-end lg:self-center items-center justify-center lg:justify-start mt-0 -ml-1 h-7 gap-[2px] visible”><button class=”flex items-center gap-1.5 rounded-md p-1 text-xs text-token-text-tertiary hover:text-token-text-primary md:invisible md:group-hover:visible md:group-[.final-completion]:visible”></button>
          <div class=”flex items-center gap-1.5 text-xs”></div>
          <div class=”flex”></div>
          </div>
          </div>
          <div class=”pr-2 lg:pr-0″></div>
          </div>
          <div class=”absolute”>
          <div class=”flex w-full gap-2 items-center justify-center”></div>
          </div>
          </div>
          </div>
          </div>
          </div>
          </div>
          </div>
          </div>
          </div>
          </div>
          <div class=”w-full pt-2 md:pt-0 dark:border-white/20 md:border-transparent md:dark:border-transparent md:w-[calc(100%-.5rem)]”><form class=”stretch mx-2 flex flex-row gap-3 last:mb-2 md:mx-4 md:last:mb-6 lg:mx-auto lg:max-w-2xl xl:max-w-3xl”>
          <div class=”relative flex h-full flex-1 flex-col”>
          <div class=”absolute bottom-full left-0 right-0″></div>
          <div class=”flex w-full items-center”></div>
          </div>
          </form></div>

• #5028 Reply
          Melina QMelina Q
          Participant

I am also becoming lazier and lazier. I knew I was getting fat, and I told myself time and time again that I wanted to lose weight, but I still didn’t want to move. Some time ago I got a BP Doctor ECG2 smart watch. I try to use it to set daily fitness goals. Looking at my daily steps, I seem to have a little desire to exercise. It’s always good to walk more every day.

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by Melina QMelina Q.
            • #5259 Reply
              Paul WilferPaul Wilfer
              Participant

Hey Dear, Previously I was also the same as you were, but because of weight gain I suffered a lot like laziness, knee pain, breathing problem and many more. But now I understand this is not the way of living a life after that I controlled my life by doing exercises, yoga, control on eating habits , daily morning walks and so on. And now I am getting better day by day.

• #5253 Reply
                smith wilfersmith wilfer
                Participant

Hi, consult a doctor . Do exercises and a control on eating habits is required. Eat healthy and burn calories. I know tough to say but you can do it.

• #4579 Reply

Weight gain can happen because of different reasons, like gorging, inactive way of life, hormonal uneven characters, certain drugs, or ailments. If you are concerned about your weight, it is essential to eat a well-balanced diet, exercise frequently, and seek the advice of a medical professional.

• #4562 Reply
                Melina QMelina Q
                Participant

In fact, you don’t have to worry too much about weight gain. Perhaps relaxing your mind is more beneficial for weight loss. Small changes like eating a healthy diet, taking more walks, and doing yoga are all great ways to lose weight. Of course, having someone to accompany you during the weight loss process will make the process faster and more enjoyable. I usually watch other people’s weight loss videos and follow along.

• #4555 Reply
                  Feliza BruntFeliza Brunt
                  Participant

I know it’s late to respond from my end, But I want to share my thoughts and my weight management story.
                    I understand that gaining weight rapidly and feeling constantly exhausted can be frustrating when trying to get back into the fitness world. It is great that you are taking steps to get your blood tested to identify any underlying causes. Consider seeking guidance from a weight management advisor who can provide personalized assistance. They can help you develop a proper diet plan and incorporate activities like running to manage your weight. It is important to start gradually and listen to your body’s needs. I also struggled with being overweight, but with the help of my weight management advisor from Ongo Care, I was able to successfully manage my weight through a balanced diet and running. Remember, progress takes time, so be consistent and focus on your overall well-being.

• #824 Reply
                    Natalie EramoNatalie Eramo
                    Participant

Hi Ladies,

TOTALLY feel this topic and honestly so happy we are talking about it. I am super self conscious about my weight and at times it can be a really bad obsession…

With that said, I am really happy to say I am finally in a happy and positive place with food and my overall health. Instead of another diet, I did this program which honestly is a lifestyle change – that teaches you how your body burns fat first instead of sugar and how to turn it into a fat burning machine. It is literally called FASTER WAY TO FAT LOSS (FWTFL) and for 6 weeks you have a personal coach teaching you so much valuable information.

I feel so passionate about the program I just interviewed to become a coach myself (crossing fingers)! BUT if anyone is interested, check out this link below, and happy to answer any questions. I can always connect you guys with my coach too!

BUT in the mean time – here are a few easy changes you can start today which will lead to results <3

– intermediate fasting (eating within an 8 hour window frame) I like to do 12pm – 8pm but choose what works best for you!
                      – only eating WHOLE FOODS. Ask yourself if it came from the ground, or if it has a mother. If the answer is yes, then you can eat it! Theres a reason behind this you learn about in the program
                      – 30 min a day of any type of exercise! When I am not motivated, I will just go for nice walks and call my mom or friend a need to catch up with and before you know it 30 min is over. Then you can gradually increase, but consistency is key.

Two other key concepts we focus on are counting your Macros (carbs, health fats, protein) and carb cycling. Happy to speak more to this if anyone wants to know more. I really really hope this helps and PLEASE let me know if you guys wanna know more. HAPPY TO HELP <3

https://www.fasterwaytofatloss.com/about

• #821 Reply
                      Brittany Lynn

I feel this thread so hard.

I have always struggled with my weight and I am not super public about it but I’ve always been insecure.

I also gained the quarentine-15 (more like 25) but I recently bought a SoulCycle bike and it has motivated me so much to get back out there and move my body. Adopting a puppy has made me more active with running around the apartment, going for long frequent walks, and to dog parks. Having a support system (my fiance) that motivates me and encourages me to workout together makes it easier too.

That being said, you have to listen to your body. Everyone is different and even if it is just a few walks around your block, it means something. I’ve had to teach myself that not everything is about a number on a scale. There are days when I look at the number and feel defeated. Then there are days when I look at my stats from my cycling class and I feel so strong and accomplished. I take it day by day! 🙂

• #778 Reply
                        Kelsey Skelsey_s
                        Participant

I can totally relate! I gained about 20 pounds during quarantine/my last semester of newly virtual grad school. I know why I gained (huge decrease in physical activity, stress, grief, wearing leggings every day, not owning a scale (lol), etc.)

Since experiencing this change, it feels like I’ve lost ALL my strength that I had previously built and I feel so much less motivated to work out because of it. It feels like every workout will be a total struggle because I have more to move and I feel so out of shape.

Prior to COVID, I was spinning at studios at least three times a week and lifting at the gym. Once things started opening up, I went to an outdoor bootcamp class (my first group workout class in 4 months) and felt defeated about how out of shape I was. I modified nearly every move. The instructor was trying to encourage me to do more, finish those last few reps, etc. but I was at my absolute max barely participating and for three days afterward I was so sore I could barely walk! I felt pretty down about the whole experience for days afterward. I decided group bootcamp was NOT for me, at least not right now, while I’m still regaining my strength.

I’ve found it helpful to go easy on myself and be more gentle on my body. I’ve also worked on my mindset- exercising to feel energized and stronger day to day rather than to make up for what I ate or change the way my body looks. I try to remember that ANY physical activity is better than none – even if its blasting music and dancing in my bedroom, walking while listening to a podcast, walking my dog, a leisurely bike ride or hike with a friend, or a quick 20 minute workout.

I’ve recently invested in a Peloton (which I acknowledge is not reasonable for everyone) BUT after a year of thinking about it I chose to purchase one as a graduation gift to myself because that is a type of physical activity that energizes me and that I’m excited to do. Plus, who knows how long it will take for fitness studios to feel normal again.

All this to say, I FEEL YOU! While you are trying to get to the bottom of all of this, seek out any type of movement that truly energizes you and go easy on yourself <3

• #804 Reply
                            Laurie Beth KollerLaurie Beth Koller
                            Participant

UGH this is exactly what I needed! Yes – I feel like I have lost ALL my strength and motivation!!!

Great advice to just be gentle with my body — going to channel more of that <3

Viewing 7 reply threads
                        Reply To: Reply #821 in Weight Gain
                        Your information:

Cancel