Home Forum Topics Mental Health Valerian Root for Anxiety?

• Creator
    kgg10

Valerian root was recommended for me by my neurologist in passing, so I bought a bottle of 250mg capsules. Because I’m such a sleepy person to begin with, I got nervous about taking it.

– Have you tried taking it for anxiety?
      – How much do you take and do you take it both in the morning and at night?
      – Any weird side effects?

Thank you!

Viewing 4 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
      • #4538 Reply
        benjamin levisbenjamin levis
        Participant

Greetings and welcome! Although I’d say you’re doing well, you might want to think about using esketamine therapy if you have any severe depression or mood swings.

• #4523 Reply
          benjamin levisbenjamin levis
          Participant

Since ancient times, people have utilized the herbal supplement valerian root to encourage relaxation and enhance sleep. While some people might find it useful for treating anxiety, there is little or inconsistent scientific evidence to support its usefulness.

Compounds found in valerian root interact with specific brain neurotransmitters and may have a slight sedative effect. This is why it is frequently used as a home treatment to encourage sleep and lower anxiety caused by insomnia.

The research on valerian root is not conclusive when it comes to a generalized anxiety disorder or other anxiety disorders, though. While some studies have not found significant advantages, others have suggested that it may have a slight relaxing effect and may be helpful for lowering anxiety symptoms.

• #4507 Reply
            Olivia AdamsOlivia Adams
            Participant

Valerian root is a herb that has been used for centuries as a natural remedy for various ailments, including anxiety and sleep disorders. It is believed to have a calming effect on the nervous system and promote relaxation. (Or) If you are considering Spravato or Esketamine nasal spray for anxiety, it is crucial to consult with a mental health professional who can assess your specific situation, discuss the potential risks and benefits, and determine the most appropriate treatment options for you.

• #4272 Reply
              Feliza BruntFeliza Brunt
              Participant

I have never used valerian root myself, but I am aware of my friend, that used the Valerian root to calm and relax from Insomnia. She took medication from the (Ongo Care) doctor. I know that was a tough time for her. Now she has overcome anxiety and is better from that worst situation.

• #1375 Reply
                SarahSarah
                Participant

I have not tried Valerian root but I have been recommended it. I am also nervous to try it. A close friend of mine has tried it and it has worked for her anxiety. She takes a very small dose.

Viewing 4 reply threads
              Reply To: Reply #1375 in Valerian Root for Anxiety?
              Your information:

Cancel