Home Forum Topics Persistent Pain Urinary/ Kidney/ Thyroid Nightmare

• Creator
    Larissa MajstorovicLarissa

About a year ago, in October of 2019, I experienced a series of unfortunate events. I began a new medication for hormonal acne called Spironolactone- I was told by my derm that it could cause frequent urination and to monitor for any of these symptoms. Within a few days of starting, I began to experience increased frequency and urge to pee.. all. the. time. I called my derm, and discontinued the medication. Still, a week later, I had the same symptoms and then some. Tenderness in my belly, burning while peeing, etc. So I went to my gynecologist believing I had a UTI. After testing, I was told there is nothing wrong with my urine and was not prescribed any medication. Within a week, I was peeing blood. I went to Urgent Care and was treated for a kidney infection. Within a couple days, they called me and told me that although my urine panel was abnormal in the office, what they received from the lab did not indicate a kidney infection. Frustrated and at this point in pain for over 2 months, I was referred to a urologist. When I finally got in with the urologist, it had been a few weeks since I peed blood (a relief). They did some initial screenings which indicated normal bladder and kidney function, but agreed that the blood I had been seeing was not normal. There were follow-up recommendations, including a urogram and cystoscopy… at that point, I had no faith in my medical providers and had already spent hundreds of dollars on dead-ends. Once I called my insurance company and was given a $5k quote for ENTRY into the hospital, I decided against the recommendations. As crazy as it sounds, I was more comfortable taking that risk than accruing thousands of dollars in medical bills (something I have done before) to find out whatever condition I have can’t be treated, but managed. Today, I’m not experiencing constant pain but my baseline has changed- what was once uncomfortable, is now normal.

Viewing 2 reply threads
    Viewing 2 reply threads
    Reply To: Reply #1374 in Urinary/ Kidney/ Thyroid Nightmare
    Your information:

Cancel