Home Forum Topics Disease Related Health Cervical Cancer

• Creator
    Caroline KollerCaroline A

I was diagnosed with stage 3C cervical cancer at age 26. I went through 6 months of pretty significant pain in my back, bleeding with intercourse and spotting. It took me 9 different Doctors to find the diagnosis.

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
      • #4509 Reply
        benjamin levisbenjamin levis
        Participant

The lower portion of the uterus (womb) called the cervix, which links to the vagina, is where the cells of cervical cancer, also known as cervical cancer, originate. The human papillomavirus (HPV), a sexually transmitted infection, is the primary cause of the majority of occurrences of cervical cancer.

• #4223 Reply
          Health careHealth care
          Participant

Cervical cancer (also known as cervix cancer or cervix uteri cancer) is a common type of cancer that starts in the cervix. There are many risk factors, including the development of a pre-cancerous change called a cervical intraepithelial neoplasia (also called cervical intraepithelial lesion or CIN) and other conditions. These factors can increase your risk of cervical cancer. Some people may also be genetically more likely to develop this cancer.

A cervix is the lower part of the uterus (womb). It is the narrow channel between the uterus and the bladder. The cervix changes from a short, narrow structure in a woman’s body, known as the closed endocervix, to a wider and longer structure as the woman’s body gets older. A cervix may also grow out into the vagina. Cervical cancer often begins in the cervix or other areas around the cervix.

Doctors don’t know exactly how cervical cancer develops. However, they believe that changes in the cells (proliferation) in the cervix, the immune system, or both may play a role. Factors that may increase your risk of developing cervical cancer include:

Having more than one sexual partner

A cervical intraepithelial neoplasia (CIN)

An HPV infection

An HPV type 16 or 18 (human papilloma virus, or HPV) infection, which is the most common type of HPV

Having multiple sex partners while pregnant

Abortion

Early childbirth

Having sex at a young age

Smoking

Diabetes

Certain types of immune system problems

Having a weakened immune system

Women with certain immune system problems who are treated with drugs or radiation after their cancer is diagnosed may be at higher risk for developing recurrent cervical cancer (cancer

• #1361 Reply
            SarahSarah
            Participant

Can I ask about the pain in the back? What type of pain was it?

Viewing 2 reply threads
          Reply To: Reply #1361 in Cervical Cancer
          Your information:

Cancel