Home Forum Topics Wellness + Nutrition Cauliflower is the worstttt

• This Post has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 11 months ago by .
  • Creator
    Caroline KollerCaroline A

I tried to switch out gluten for cauliflower because it’s “healthy” but does anyone else get terrible gas pains from cauliflower? It’s so frustrating when healthy foods still hurt your body

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
      • #4214 Reply
        joyce danielsjoyce daniels
        Participant

True, I once consumed cauliflower in a salad for lunch, which turned the rest of my day into a nightmare. I was only able to get relief from the pain caused by the gas by visiting a hospital and receiving an injection. Sometimes healthy foods cause more discomfort than any other, therefore I always read about healthy foods and their benefits on websites like The Health Journal.

• #4124 Reply
          Grace TrentonGrace Trenton
          Participant

This won’t help with the gas pains issue, but for anyone who wants to incorporate cauliflower in their diet but doesn’t like the taste, try the below way of preparing it. Just two ingredients: cauliflower and parmesan cheese.

I’m on a low carb diet. I love salty, crunching snacks like any kind of chips, which are all of course very high in carbs. This is a very low carb alternative that while not identical to a chip, does satisfy my cravings for such.

Steam cauliflower until it’s very soft. Mix in shredded parmesan cheese to taste. Place large “dollops” of the mix on parchment paper on a baking pan. Flatten each as much as possible. It’s not practical to get them as thin as a potato chip, but you can get them to be pretty darn thin. Bake at 300 degrees until done. What’s considered “done” varies by taste – by how crispy, without burning them, you want.

Tastes great, and doesn’t really taste much like cauliflower. Cauliflower is very low in net carbs, and parmesan cheese is zero carb!

• #937 Reply
            JoyJoy
            Participant

Omg YES!!!

I have made Trader Joe’s Cauliflower Gnocchi a staple in my diet, but when I made it for dinner I spend the rest of the night paying for it. I will say that the longer I have had it in my diet the better that has gotten. Also the better I cook things the better off I am. Like raw is not an option for my situation.

A lady at work was telling me that she is doing an elimination diet, to figure out what foods are really bothering her. I have plans to do this, but I haven’t done it yet!

It is SO frustrating though.

Viewing 2 reply threads
          Reply To: Reply #937 in Cauliflower is the worstttt
          Your information:

Cancel