Home Forum Topics Gynecologic Health At What Age a Women and Gynecologist Should Consult?

• This Post has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 2 months ago by Health care.
  • Creator
    Health careHealth care
    Participant

The gynecologist can treat a woman or girl of any age. It is advisable to visit a gynecologist at the age of 13 to 15 years.

Build a relationship with a woman and the gynecologist or girl so that she is more comfortable asking questions about sexuality, menstruation, etc., and provide a point of contact should any problems arise in the future

It also gives the gynecologist a chance to guide the overall well-being of a woman in the long term through counseling on important health and lifestyle issues.

Read More: What Women and Gynecologists Don’t Talk About

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Author
      Replies
      • #5021 Reply

It is recommended to visit a breast cancer surgeon or gynecologist immediately if you feel any usual sign in your breasts. There is no age constraint to it.

• #4238 Reply
        Laurette .Laurette .
        Participant

I started seeing a gynecologist when I was 12, when I first started menstruating. I have also always insisted that my gynecologist (and my urologist and general practitioner) be a woman. My visits have always been annual, with a few exceptions. The years when I had my IUD inserted or reinserted, I would see her a second time a few weeks later, to have the strings trimmed. And last year, since I had a vaginoplasty, I saw her four times.

Viewing 1 reply thread
      Reply To: Reply #4238 in At What Age a Women and Gynecologist Should Consult?
      Your information:

Cancel